In the past few decades, a fourth industrial revolution has emerged, known as Industry 4.0.
Industry 4 takes the emphasis on digital technology to a whole new level with the help of
interconnectivity through the Internet of Things (IoT), access to real-time data, and the
introduction of cyber-physical systems. It connects the physical system with digital, and allows
for better collaboration and access across departments, partners, vendors, product, and people.
Industry 4 empowers business owners to better control and understand every aspect of their
operation, and allows them to leverage instant data to boost productivity, improve processes,
and drive growth.
Robotics and automation are considered as one of the integral and significant parts of Industry
4.0. In the current era, automated machines like robots have turned out to be extremely
beneficial for various sectors - starting from assisting humans around the house to industrial
applications like assembling and packing products and helping doctors in performing complex
surgeries. This new development has opened a door for enormous opportunities for the skilled
and trained professionals.
The B.Tech program in Robotics and Automation at SIT is designed to equip the students with
the right set of skills required for the Industry 4.0. With a B.Tech degree in Robotics and
automation, and will acquire the multidisciplinary skills which is the demand of today’s
corporate and business world.
Institute and Departmental Brochures.
Uniqueness of programme
- Guest Lectures from Industry Experts
- Industrial Visits
- Industry Sponsored Projects
- Complete One Semester (6 Months) Compulsory Internship at a renowned Robotics and
- Semester Exchange Programs: Opportunity to study at a foreign university offering
expertise in robotics and automation.
- Industry Sponsored Labs: Hands on experience in the industry sponsored labs, with
industrial grade equipment and facilities.
- Opportunity to get Associated with international and national professional bodies such
as All India Council for Robotics and Automation (AICRA), IEEE Robotics and
Automation Society etc.
- Multidisciplinary specialization courses from 3rd year onwards - Artificial Intelligence
and Machine Learning (AI&ML), Smart Manufacturing and Industry 4.0, Mechatronics
and Internet of Things (IoT), E-Vehicles and Autonomous Technology etc.
- Students Clubs and Student Chapters - Opportunity to participate in National and
International Robotics competitions.
- Research and Development: Opportunity to get research funding for the student
International Collaboration: (MoUs for International collaborations)
- Ingolstadt University,Germany
- Indiana University Purdue University, Indianapolis,U.S.A
- Nanyang Technological University,Singapore
- Leibniz University,Germany
- Berlin School of Law andEconomics
- Telecom Ecole De Management,Paris
- University of Adelaide,Australia
- University of Malta,Malta
- King Mongkut’s University,Thailand
- University of Malaya,Malaysia
- Ritsumeikan University,Japan
- Hanyang University, SouthKorea
- Western University,Canada
- RUDN University,Russia
Industrial Collaborations: (MoUs)
Tech Mahindra Makers lab
Scope of employment
- Industries dealing with Process Control going to next echelon of information intensive
- Organizations in the business of robotics, automation and Embedded systems
- Organizations dealing with AI applications to the engineering systems
- Research Organizations working with focus on creating Industry 4 systems
- Digital Supply Chain- interfacing with R&D, Presales, manufacturing, marketing, Sales
- Software Technology Platforms of Cloud, Big Data, IoT, Data Analytics, Smart Devices
- Healthcare, agriculture, Food Industry, Manufacturing and Defence.
Ernst & Young
TCS (Tata Consultancy Services)
Infosys, HCL Technologies and other software companies
Intake for Robotics and Automation: