1. What is the Branch-wise Cut-Off?There is no branch-wise cut-off. All the candidates can attend the counseling. In such counseling where a candidate has to be physically present, sometimes many top rankers do not turn up. Some others are interested in a particular branch and the moment the seats of that branch are filled up, they leave. If you have a high score you stand a good chance to get a seat. If your rank is lower than that, you can still hope to get a seat. For this purpose you can apply for the waiting list by filling up the form and depositing Rs.1,00000/- by bank draft. As and when a seat falls vacant, this will be filled up from the waiting list.
2. What is cut-off for SET entrance exam?There is no cut-off. Students will be admitted on merit starting with the highest marks. Please refer to the answer against Q. No 1.
3. When is the merit list going to be displayed?It will be displayed after the declaration of result and receipt of applications in the institute.
4. Are we going to be informed personally about date and time of counseling?The date and time of counseling has already been informed though advertisements and postings on the Website. Please refer to the website.
5. Are parents also required at the time of counseling?Parents are not required but they can accompany the candidate, if they wish to.
6. If my score is less should I come for counseling, as I have to travel from a far-off place?It is your decision. If you feel you have even a remote chance, you should come. Refer to answer against Q.No.1 for more details.
7. Should I bring all the fees at the time of counseling?Rs.1,00000/- has to be deposited through bank draft drawn in favour of "Symbiosis Institute of Technology", Pune, payable at Pune. The remaining amount of the first Semester fee has to be deposited latest by 30th June, 2013(for Counseling of SET - 9th June, 2013, (JEE(Main)) - 16th June, 2013 and (MHT-CET candidates) - 23th June 2013
8. If I have some other exam or admission process at some other college, then are the parents allowed to come and confirm the admission?No, the candidate has to be personally present.
9. What is AIEEE, IIT-JEE cut-off for last year?IIT-JEE used to declare an Extended Merit List. In the last 2 years they did not declare it. The result shown was either Selected or Not Selected. Because of this most of the seats reserved for IIT-JEE (at SIT) were shifted to AIEEE and SET. So there were no cut-offs in IIT-JEE. In case of AIEEE some candidates were admitted against seats which fell vacant at a very late stage (one month after the start of classes), because of which the AIEEE cut-off came down. But such Cut-offs are not a good indicator for decision making regarding attending or not attending the counseling. Every year is a different year. However, from this year JEE(Main) will be conducted at National level.
10. If the admission is confirmed on the date of counseling, can we confirm the hostel admission on the same day? How much hostel fee do I have to pay on that day?Yes, the hostel accommodation can be confirmed on the same day. You have to deposit Rs.50,000/- through a bank draft drawn in favour of "Symbiosis Institute of Technology" Pune, payable at Pune. The remaining hostel fee has to be paid latest by 30th June, 2013(for Counseling of SET - 9th June, 2013, (JEE(Main)) - 16th June, 2013 and (MHT-CET candidates) - 23th June 2013
11. Is the counseling On-line?. The Counseling is Not on- line. The candidate along with his documents has to be physically present at the counseling. Refer to the detailed counseling procedure (available on website under admissions)
12. Can the seat be cancelled on telephone or does the candidate have to come personally? What is the procedure for getting admission through management quota?For cancellation of a seat you can send a mail to email@example.com and we will talk to you on phone. Once it is confirmed your seat will stand cancelled and your refund will be processed.
For a seat through Management Quota you have to apply in the prescribed form. Your admissions will be based on the PCM marks of the qualifying exam. Minimum percentage required in PCM is 60%.
13. Is the accommodation available at the time of the counseling? What is the procedure for the same?Candidates have to make their own stay arrangements at the time of counseling.We will however upload on the website details of accommodation available in nearby hotels etc.
14. How to reach the Venue?Please refer to our website for location map and directions.
15. How about the placements?Our first batch passed out in June 2012. Most of the students of the batch (about 85% of the elligible students) where placed in various renowned companies like Infosys, Mahindra and Mahindra, Persistent, Kirloskar Brothers Ltd, Synechron, Mu Sigma, Forbes Marshal, Thermo fisher, Sokrati, Bosch, Steria, Pubmatic, Atos, Syntel, Marathon Electric, Symantec, ACT TV, CRF Global and many others..
16. How is the Faculty?We have highly competent faculty.Many facult members have joined us after completing their Ph.D or fellowship from renowned institutes of the world Pennsylvania State University, USA , RMIT Australia, Carnegie Mellon USA and so on.
17. If my ward is studying in B.Tech. First year and wants to take admission in second year at SIT, what is the procedure?Yes, migrations are allowed at SIT as per SIU rules. You can send us email with the details of subjects studied, marks secured, name of Institute and affiliated University. Migration will be possible if the subjects match.
18. If the originals are submitted at another institute, where admission is already confirmed, then in that case, with the truly attested copies, can the admission be confirmed at SIT?Yes, please bring the proof of submission of documents along with the attested photocopies.
19. Is the bank facility available near the campus to take out the demand draft? Is the bank open on the counseling day?It will not be full fledged bank facility. You are advised to get your drafts etc. made before coming for counseling. However, for emergency cases the banking facility will be available. All our Counseling's are on Sundays.
20. If the PCM aggregate is less than 60%, but the competitive exam score is quite good, what are the chances for admission in that case?If the PCM percentage is less than 60%, admission is not possible at SIT.
21. In case we register for the waiting list along with a demand draft Rs.1,00000/- .how much money, is refunded if we do not get the admission?Full Amount will be refunded.
22. What is the procedure for seeking admission under management quota for engineering course & to with whom I can meet and enquire more?Apply on a plain paper stating your PCM marks at plus 2 level, and the score/rank in any entrance examination. We will make a separate merit of all the applications and offer admission based on merit.
23. What is the syllabus of the symbiosis entrance test for engineering?CBSE plus 1 and plus 2 syllabus.
24. I have completed my education from other country. ex. O'Level (10 class) from London and A'Level (12 class) from Bangladesh. How should I proceed?You can take admission under the category of International students. Contact International office of Symbiosis or Symbiosis Centre for International Education at website http://www.scie.ac.in
25. Which document I need to carry with me at the time Admission / CounsellingA. Print Out of,
On line Registration form
Entrance examination Score Card
B. Following Original documents with two attested copies
12th Mark listlist
12th Passing certificate
10th Mark list
10th Passing certificate
Transfer Certificate/Leaving Certificate
Gap Certificate ( If applicable)
C. Following documents two attested copies
D. Two photographs
E. Bank Demand Draft of Rs. 1,00000/- drawn in favor of Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune, to be deposited at the time of admission
F. (Optional)To book seat in Hostel: Bank Demand Draft of Rs. 50,000/- drawn in favor of Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune, to be deposited at the time of admission
26. Refund Rulesa) Withdrawal before the start of classes: Rs. 1000 plus actual charges of hospitalization insurance.
b) Within one month of the start of classes charges as at (a) above and one month fee on pro rata basis (1/12 of the full year fees), provided the seat vacated by the student is filled up.
c) After one month of start of classes: No refund, only caution money will be refunded.
27. Upto what time we can report for counseling on 9 June and approximately by what date and time it will culminate as we have to book our flight tickets accordingly?Each day counseling would start at 10:00 am. You should reach at 9:00 am & mark your presence. The counseling should finish latest by 6:00pm. However, based on your marks you may get free earlier after taking admission. Please read 'Counseling procedure'.
28. My SET Score is 144/200. What are the chances of getting CS / E&TC ?Based on the previous year's experience you would get these branches.
29. Is there any guest house/hostel facility for one night stay ?The candidates and parents will have to make their own arrangement for stay. However, transport from S.B. Road to the campus will be provided.
30. Kindly suggest the cheapest mode of travel from airport to SIT and approximate distance between the two ?Airport is about 30 Kms. Taxi would be most convenient.
31. The schedule date for counseling is fixed 9th June (Sunday), please intimate us the complete address of venue where we attend the counseling and also confirm us the time. In the web site it is shown that payment of Rs. 1.00 lac as part of fees and Rs. 50,000 for Hostel charges. Can we deposit both the payment on 9th June.(i) Symbiosis Institute of Technology
Symbiosis International University,
Near Lupin Research Park, Gram: Lavale,
Tal: Mulshi, Pune 412 115
(ii)Yes you have to deposit these amounts for confirmation of seats.